The Cathedral of San Fernando is a cathedral of the Roman Catholic Church located in San Antonio, Texas. The cathedral is also known as the Church of Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria y Guadalupe. The church was named for Ferdinand III of Castile, who ruled in the 13th century.
The original church of San Fernando was built between 1738 and 1750. The walls of that church today form the sanctuary of the cathedral. The baptismal font, believed to be a gift from Charles III is the oldest piece of liturgical furnishing in the cathedral. In 1868, the cathedral was considerably enlarged in the Gothic style, the addition forming the existing nave. The carved stone Stations of the Cross were added in 1874. The striking stained glass windows were added in 1920.
SOURCE:Cathedral of San Fernando Wikipedia Entry