Baclaran Church Postcard 1
The Redemptorists brought the picture of the Mother of Perpetual Help to the Philippines in 1906. The increasing attendance of the devotees forced the Redemptorists to consider a more spacious church. The foundation stone had been laid by Cardinal Gilroy of Sydney on January 11, 1953.
The Church’s architecture is described as Modern Romanesque. Cesar Concio, its architect, and Jesse Bontoc his associate, had planned a higher church with a bell tower. But because of its proximity to the airport, civil aeronautic regulations prevented them from carrying out their plan in full.
National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help Wikipedia Entry
Our Mother of Perpetual Help History