05 May, 2008

Pillar Christian Reformed Church Postcard

Pillar Christian Reformed Church began when a small group of Dutch immigrants arrived at Holland in early February 1847. By 1854 the membership grew too large for the old log chapel and the congregation voted to erect a larger church. Two years later, June 29, 1856, Rev. A.C. Van Raalte dedicated this structure.

Pillar Christian Reformed Church Postcard
(PH Wish from Karen Brzezinski)

Local craftsmen built the six hand made pillars on the site. The pillars have a solid cedar post in the center and the outside is made of tapered boards somewhat like barrel staves.

SOURCE:
Pillar Church Homepage

No comments: