Emperor Charles IV had the Church of Our Lady's (Frauenkirche) built here between 1355 and 1358 on the site of the destroyed synagogue of the former Jewish quarter (pogrom in 1349). It was the first Gothic hall church in Franconia, constructed as an Imperial court chapel with three aisles. Its builder was presumably Peter Parler, the master builder of the Prague St Vitus' Cathedral. In 1816, the Church of Our Lady's was given to Nuremberg's Catholic congregation.
The postcard also shows the Neptune Fountain, a copy of a fountain, which in original was sold to the Tzar of Russia in 1797 and now stands in Peterhof.
Frauenkirche (Our Lady's Church)