Located along the highway is the Sta. Monica Parish Church (Alburquerque Church) complex built on a low knoll. The Albur parish was established in 1869 after being separated from Baclayon, Bohol. An 1886 reports indicates that the church was built of light materials. This way made of rubble, wood and tabique. The date of the construction of the church is uncertain, although, the generous use of reinforced concrete for the façade and the bell tower indicates that the church was either being built or renovated in the 20th century.