The postcard shows the famous Bamboo Organ in the Parish Church of St. Joseph in Las Piñas City. The Las Piñas Bamboo Organ is a 19th century church organ made almost entirely from bamboo: only the trumpet stops are made from metal. The builder of both the church and its organ was Fr. Diego Cera de la Virgen del Carmen, a priest under the Augustinian Recollects. Fr. Cera began his work on the organ in 1816 and it was completed in 1824.
In 1973, the organ was shipped to Bonn, Germany for a total restoration by Johannes Klais Orgelbau KG. The restored organ returned home in March 1975. On November 24, 2003, the National Museum of the Philippines officially declared the Las Piñas Bamboo Organ a "National Cultural Treasure" for its uniqueness and significance.
Parish Church of St. Joseph Postcards
Las Piñas Bamboo Organ Wikipedia Entry